Aurora Plastics offers a portfolio of concentrates that includes more than 20 formulations.
The goal of concentrates is the ideal dispersion of additives in the polymer matrix. The fine, powdery feed material often tends to agglomerate and is therefore difficult to work with. Concentrates (masterbatches) with an additive share of 20 – 85% are available, depending on the feed material.
Using masterbatch increases the process stability. Additionally, since there is no handling of large powder masses, the environment and the work station remain clean.
Our portfolio of concentrates is divided into five main categories:
- Flame Retardant (FR)
- Ultraviolet (UV)
- Odor Masking
When more than one additive is required, Aurora Plastics can combine two or several of these additives to provide multifunctional performance into a single custom concentrate, or the customer can combine them individually themselves when applicable.
Depending on the application and requirements, our concentrate masterbatches can be formulated for extrusion, injection molding or blow molding processes. Our concentrates will help you achieve the best distribution and dispersion of additives.
Our wide offering of concentrates contains elevated loading levels to produce Flame Resistant masterbatches for polyolefins. The latest upgrades to our manufacturing process allow us to produce up to 85% active FR masterbatches. Then, by using as little as 9% of the concentrate into the base resins, we are able to achieve an UL 94 flame rating. These resulting compound blends are ideal for thin wall wire and cable applications.
Benefits of Flame Retardant Concentrates
- Highly loaded FR concentrates 85% in various polymer carriers (PE, PP, EVA)
- Lower % is good for thin-wall molding or extrusion, where excellent dispersion is needed. Example: Wire and Cable jacketing
- Eliminates the mess of handling powders, and agglomeration/inconsistencies
- Higher MB loaded = higher FR ratings. Example: Pipes
- Very economical for the customer, as they control letdowns
- Also make UV and UV/FR versions