You know and trust AuroraGuard™ for its high-heat, low-smoke, zero-halogen and flame-retardant properties. Now we’re bringing the performance of CPVC to the AuroraGuard™ line for even better flame retardancy, low shrinkage at higher temperatures, lower smoke density – and more.
AuroraGuard CPVC demonstrates superior performance attributes, including:
- Dimensional stability up to 212oF (100oC)
- Similar processing and fabrication to PVC
- Co-extrusion capability that delivers a cost-effective alternative to metals
- Able to withstand high altitude climates
- Impact resistance and other properties that meet VSI standards
- Dimensionally stable after multiple seasonal cycles
- Proven resistance to oil canning, fish mouthing and sagging
- Improved flame and smoke properties
As a result, it is ideal for a variety of building and construction applications that require high temperature and/or flame performance and smoke ratings such as siding, windows, fence, electrical, custom extrusion and custom injection molding. The performance of AuroraGuard CPVC in these applications can’t be beat.
Performance of traditional vinyl-based building products is limited with respect to colors that can withstand the effects of elevated temperatures due to sunlight exposure. AuroraGuard CPVC provides an excellent substrate that maintains physical properties even while exposed to heat buildup that is associated with darker colors exposed to the infrared rays of sunlight.
In addition, AuroraGuard CPVC can be capped with AuroraShield™ capstock, expanding its use into other applications where metal is used today. AuroraGuard CPVC, combined with AuroraShield capstocks opens up all available color space for extruded building products. You’ll achieve a high-performance solution at a lower cost, with better heat distortion and superior weatherability.
AuroraGuard CPVC is a technology that enables the building products designer to apply a substrate performance solution for both warranty repair and especially for new premium performance product line.