Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Today’s social and business climate is unprecedented, with the need for personal protective equipment (PPE) at a peak in many industries. Aurora Plastics recognizes these trends and is responding with creative material solutions to meet the demand. We provide specialty comfort soft materials that help full- and half-face mask manufacturers improve durability and comfort.
AuroraFlex™ TPE Compounds offer a variety of physical properties required for flexible and soft-touch applications, like full- and half-face masks. These materials have many of the same properties as thermoset rubbers, but can be molded and extruded using conventional thermoplastic processing equipment. Thermoplastic processing reduces time and cost for high-volume manufacturing while increasing the recyclability of materials.
When manufacturing face masks, shields and straps, AuroraFlex TPE Compounds –
- have optimized melt flow properties to adequately fill the thin walls required in face seal designs
- are highly resilient, eliminating any part deformation or warpage as parts are removed from the mold core
- possess low coefficient of friction for desirable surface feel and a comfortable face seal
- are available in different appearances, including clear, translucent, and colors
- can be printed by ink or marked by laser
- are non-toxic, odorless, and free of latex, phthalates, heavy metals
- are formulated with FDA-listed raw materials, and comply with CA Prop. 65, RoHS, CONEG, REACH SVHC and other regulations
AuroraFlex TPE Compounds can be injection molded and we have extrusion grades specifically designed for straps. Many materials are easily printable for customization.
Aurora Plastics has decades of technical knowledge that brings innovation and the most consistent quality products in the market. Let us show you how our TPE solutions are helping our customers solve problems, introduce new products and realize growth opportunities.